HOW TO MAKE A POM POM MAT
If you would like to make your own door mat or or maybe a pom-pom living room carpet, you have come to the right place. We have taken the hassle out of this simple diy project!
HOW TO MAKE A POMPOM
WHAT IS REQUIRED: ITEMS NEEDED
1.Comb (prefferably a wooden one)
2. Knitting thread/yarn (any colour you like)
METHOD: (each instruction number corresponds to the photo!)
1.Wind the thread round the comb about 100 times.(Do not make it too tight or too loose).
2.Cut another piece of thread (about 30cm). Thread this thread through the middle of the comb.
3. Making sure the threads are same size, tie a (tight) knot holding all the threads together.
4-5. Now slide all the wound and knotted threads off the comb.
6-7.Cut the sides on other sides (but do not cut the long threads that you made the knot with).
8 Walla! you now have a pom pom!
9.Make more pom poms to be used to make the mat.
1.You can use more than one colour to wind on the same pom pom.
2. You can make bigger or smaller pom poms by using different size combs.
3. You can make your pompoms more plum by winding more thread on the comb.
HOW TO MAKE A POM POM RUG:
1.Pom poms (made above)
2. A piece of Anti slip mat or burlap
3. If using a burlap- you will need a pen/sharp pencil or any other sharp instrument to pierce holes in the burlap.
PREPARING YOUR MAT:
1. Cut the burlap/antislip mat in the size and shape you would like your final mat to be. Using a sharp object, pierce the burlap to make 2 holes.
2. Thread the two long threads (the once you used to tie the knot in the pom pom).Thread each thread in the (separate) hole.
3.Turn the burlap over and use the two threads to tie a knot, securing the pom pom in place.Continue tying/securing the pom poms onto the mat until it is completely covered.
4.Your mat ready for use!