FRIED MEAT SAMOSA/SAMBUSA/SAMSA
Samosa is a fried (or baked) briouat: pastry stuffed with a savory filling. The most common type of filling is spiced minced meat, however they can also be stuffed with potatoes or vegetables. Here we are preparing a sambusa with a minced meat based stuffing (Kenyan style).
FOR THE 'GUM' PASTE
PREPARATION: HOW TO COOK SAMOSA MEAT
HOW TO MAKE & STUFF THE SAMOSA PASTRY
HOW TO COOK THE SAMOSA
MORE INFORMATION & TIPS
1) Filo pastry can be bought ready made and are available from many supermarkets, However you can also make your own at home.
2) To ensure that you do not get a soggy snack, ensure the oil is very hot before putting the samosas to avoid them absorbing too much oil during the cooking process.
3) The stuffed pastry/samosas can be frozen for upto a month. Do not defrost when ready to cook. Just lower them gently in hot oil and cook as above.
4) Once you mastered the art of the folding the samosas, the whole process becomes very easy!
5) Samosas are usually triangular in shape, but sizes (and sometimes shape too) varies. Samosas (called sambusa along East Africa) is popular in the Middle East and some parts of Asia too, served as a snack or appetizer.
If you have any queries, comments, suggestions, tips & tricks or reviews about this recipe, please let us know by contacting us. WE WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU! Or come join us on Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, etc