FELAFEL/FALAFEL/MIDDLE EASTERN FRIED FRITTERS
Click to set custom HTML
Felafel/falafel is a famous Middle Eastern street food. These deep fried balls or fritters are made using chick peas. Can be eaten as a snack any time of the day and be served with anything.
HOW TO COOK FELAFEL/FALAFEL
MORE INFORMATION & TIPS
1) To ensure that you do not get a soggy snack, ensure the oil is very hot before cooking the fritters to avoid them breaking up or absorbing too much oil during the cooking process.
2) If you accidentally used too much water when blending the chick peas in the food processor, you can drain some of the liquid by placing the blended chick peas on a sieve to drain any excess liquid.
3) Although the starch from the chick peas is enough to hold the fritter together, some people add a little flour to the mixture to act as a glue. This is optional. However, when adding some flour into the mixture, add some baking powder as well otherwise the fritters becomes closed textured. The baking powder makes the fritters crumbly with a crispy crust but a moist center.
4) Some people used cooked chick peas. This is entirely optional.
5) Try making all the felafel balls equal in size so that they all cook evenly.